This section is designed with four main purposes in mind:
- To explain the functionality of our services; portfolio, watchlist, charts, methodologies, etc.
- Expected future services (a roadmap of sorts).
- Known issues to fix.
- References, credits, and additional resources.
Like similar sites, our main page sorts cryptocurrencies by market cap. We also include coin-specific links, trending information, and pagination. Additional options allow you to show or hide the links, market cap row, and trending information.
We provide a free portfolio that requires no login or account. Cryptocurrencies can be added to the portfolio from each cryptocurrency's profile page. Once added you can then enter your holdings on the portfolio page. The portfolio data is stored locally on your device and your holding values are never even seen by our server.
Our cryptocurrency profiles include the following functionality and information:
- Current Pricing
Our current pricing is based on current pricing data provided by the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. We update each exchange approximately every 5 minutes. Our pricing takes all of the current exchange pricing into account, weighs each by the volume of the pair on each exchange, and updates once per minute.
- Charts and Graphs
Historical USD and BTC daily pricing charts are available for as long as we have historical data on each crypto's page (we're working on expanding our historical data further backwards, but it is updated going forward each day).
Exchange and pairing ratios can be viewed on each cryptocurrency's page as well as 7 day historical charts. If we only have data for one or no exchange/pair then we do not display a pie chart as it serves no purpose.
Whenever possible we link to the websites of each cryptocurrency along with social media links, team members, white pages, forums, blogs, chats and so on.
- Add to Portfolio
Each cryptocurrency can be added to your portfolio [More on Portfolios can be read at the top of this page].
- Exchange Table
Whenever possible, we include a table that displays current pricing information for each exchange a cryptocurrency appears on.
- Native to Fiat
Each exchange table displays pricing in both fiat values as well as native values.
On page conversions can be done between the cryptocurrency the page is for and any other cryptocurrency by entering the name you wish to convert to in the conversion box.
- Project Summary
Each page contains a project summary. We have entered thin profiles for as many cryptocurrencies as possible and will continue to do so. However, we hope community members of each cryptocurrency will submit betters one - so please consider submitting any improvements you believe you can make!
- Closest Cryptos
Links to the 4 closest (by market cap) cryptocurrencies appear one each page.
- Price Feeds
CoinMarket Cap, CryptoCompare, and TradingView APIs and widgets appear on each page to provide a fuller view of a cryptocurrency's perceived performance across services.
- Social Media Feeds
Whenever possible we provide reddit and twitter feeds at the bottom of each page
We currently have several planned additions including:
Current Issues we are aware of:
- Adding as many exchanges as possible - always.
- Voting system for community members to show their support for specific cryptocurrencies.
- Coin-specific discussion tool once we find a solid way to stop or limit scam attempts and bad actors.
- We're always open to ideas - have one? We'd love to hear it.
Credits and Resources
- We have some duplicate symbol issues where cryptocurrencies with the same symbol (CAT for example) may return the incorrect information from some exchanges. We are working on better aliasing and error correction for this issue and hope to have it solved soon™
- Short-term pricing errors. We are working on properly identifying and correcting (likely by temporary exlusion in calculations) outliers. Due to how our current pricing works we have outliers creep in that can shoot the estimated value through the roof for certain cryptocurrencies
We'd like to send out a sincere thank you to all of the resources we use. These are not only sites we use on Caps and Traps, but also in our everyday cryptocurreny life.
- CoinMarketCapThe largest cryptocurrency pricing site. Includes over over 1500 cryptocurrencies, 10,000 markets, and 100 exchanges.
- CryptoCompareProvides a wide range of information about each cryptocurrency as well general cryptocurrency tutorials, wallets, mining guides, and discussion forums.
- TradingViewProvides a wide range of TA charts and research for all kinds of markets - including cryptocurrencies.
- Bitcoin TalkA treasure trove of cryptocurrency history. It is still a great site to find information about upcoming ICOs and crypto projects in general.
- CryptoCurrency SubredditA popular subreddit for cryptocurrency trading on Reddit.
- CoinzyProvides easy-to-digest twide a day crypto newsletters - sent at 9AM and 5PM PST at the time of this writing.
- TokenDataProvides upcoming ICO information - includes descriptions, dates, whitepapers and more.
- HighChartsA great tool for creating graphs and charts. Tons of options and functions - the charts you see on profile pages were made with HighCharts.